Rod Thomas and the Prosperous Retirement website are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide us with your personal information via our website “Site(s)”, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy, our terms and conditions and current UK Data Protection legislation. By using the Site and any services we offer via our Site, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy may change from time to time, so please check this page periodically.
1. What are cookies?
- Cookies are widely used tiny pieces of software (files) that are installed on a computer or mobile device when an individual visits a website.
- Windows Explorer, which is one of the main internet browsers, will usually store these files in a folder called ‘cookies’ in ‘documents and permissions’ on computers running Microsoft Windows.
- Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
By using and browsing the Prosperous Retirement Site, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
2. What types of cookies are there?
Broadly, there are 4 types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are essential to make a website work and enable features that users have specifically asked for. Without the use of these cookies, some features of the website could not operate.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as ‘Google Analytics’.
- Functionality cookies. These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred settings and layout.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies. These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users’ behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services to users on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
3. What cookies does the Prosperous Retirement Site use?
The Site is owned and operated by Rod Thomas FCA in his personal capacity and has no connection with any business entities or companies with which Rod Thomas may be associated.
Contact details are below
Rod Thomas FCA
Gemini Business Centre
136-140 Old Shoreham Road
HOVE, East Sussex
Tel: 01273 447 303
Rod Thomas would like to keep in touch with you to let you know about the upcoming events, new educational material, interesting investment opportunities and other products and services related to Retirement issues.
By submitting your details on my Site, you are agreeing to being contacted in these ways by me. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
If you do not wish to continue receiving information from me or carefully selected third parties please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone me on 01273 447 303.
Occasionally, we may share your data with other organisations that we work with. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to share your data with any third party. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking (or not ticking where applicable) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your right to ask us to stop processing your data in this way at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Prosperous Retirement website is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner. Rod Thomas is the Data Controller for the purposes of collecting your information on our Site.
1. What personal information is collected from you
When you visit the Site we collect various personal information which may include your name, address, contact details, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
2. How your information is used
We may use this information in the following ways :
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Improve our services or marketing purposes;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
3. Who has access to your information
We are committed to protecting the personal data of our members. Any details you give us will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Rod Thomas is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to third parties, unless we have your explicit permission to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime. Where you have given us permission we may contact you about other services and products or pass your details to similar organisations.
4. How you can access, update or delete your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Rod Thomas holds about you (we may charge £10 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you do not want to continue receiving information by email from us, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the email, which will tell you how to unsubscribe.
5. Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely.
When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Rod Thomas cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
6. Stipulations regarding use of the discussion boards
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the Site including, but not limited to, any data, questions, comments, suggestions, reviews, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. When posting comments on the blog, you agree not to publish, post, disseminate distribute or otherwise transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable material or information.
Rod Thomas will not be responsible for the posting by any user of any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful material. Rod Thomas has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at his sole discretion.
7. What happens when visitors link to another site?
We do not pass on any personal information about our visitors to any other site. In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
9. 18 or Under
If you are aged 18 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com or telephone us at 01273 447303.
11. Transferring your information outside of Europe
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.